Sunday 31 December 2017

Comments & Replies on Steemit to my Post Bitcoin Ace.

Comments & Replies on Steemit to my Post Bitcoin Ace.

rizalmahrez (39)

  ·  2 days ago
your post is very interesting. @ijavee
but I want to ask you, how do you think about the development of 2018 bitcoin price in the future?
I just want to survey some people

@ijavee (58)  ·  2 days ago
Thank you. I don't know where the price of Bitcoin is going in 2018.Up and down volatility is a certainty for some time. There are some astonishing forecasts being made as you know.$100,000 within 10 years I've seen.Also 1 Million ! Have you read the book by Sam Volkering.Very knowledgeable and with a few years experience of Bitcoin -

 A quote and a Bitly link to an article here - CRYPTO BOOK: why cryptocurrencies will replace the existing financial system

http://bit.ly/2BPZcFI

jlsplatts (53)

  ·  2 days ago
It’s either their worst nightmare or they created it to get everyone to go 100% digital. Just my .02.
Bitcoin isn’t goin anywhere, it is here to stay.

ijavee (58)  ·  2 days ago
Thank you. Yes I think there will be much discussion in bank boardrooms about the looming dark,threatening shadow of Cryptocurrencies. Publicly they convey an air of indifference, as if it's a pesky pest they can swat away.But I doubt if there is much they can do, other than pressure government to ban or throttle it with legislation

jlsplatts (53)

  ·  2 days ago
Oh ya there will be legislation guaranteed!! They will throw the kitchen sink at this one, as it gets bigger and bigger they will feel the pressure.

ijavee (58)  ·  yesterday
Sorry jlsplatts. I seem to have missed replying to your excellent 'Throw the kitchen sink' comment. That, and 'Toys out of the pram',we are going to see in spades - Coming Soon!

izolith (25)

  ·  2 days ago
Pretty sure Ripple is up for this task. It's centralized as i heard, but with the help of Ripple transactions will take a few seconds instead of a few hours (or days).
If banks want to stay in the game they'll have to adopt Ripple (or another cryptocurrency if a better one arises)

ijavee (58)  ·  2 days ago
Thank you. I've heard a lot of good things about Ripple, and I need to look further into it. For me the outstanding reason for financial Cryptos to do well is because as I put in my post, their universal ability to speedily process foreign transactions.I like Ethereum because it is the Crypto for Business and is growing in popularity with both National and International companies for processing Contracts on the Blockchain.

The-ivor (55)

  ·  yesterday
OP’s post mentioned Bitcoin being born as an alternative to bank money. Yes and no... it’s really a apolitical money taking financial control fraud away from governments and their buddies in the revolving door of govt-corp-central bank. Bitcoin bypasses their favorite tool, the printing press.

ijavee (58)  ·  18 hours ago
Thank you.I agree about the common government practice of printing money. Quantative Easing is the name they give it I understand. Sounds better than Debt. As someone brought up to believe - Save a penny over income, result happiness - Spend a penny over income, result misery, I just can't fathom how US & UK national debt will ever be paid off ? Is a lot of misery waiting for future generations down the line ?

the-ivor (55)

  ·  7 hours ago
Their plan is to have all the boats sink simultaneously so that nobody can jump ship for another. They didn’t plan on the Internet and its cypherpunks coming up with an end-around.
The thing I most admire about this new science fiction paradigm called Bitcoin that we are building is that it has expanded the collective consciousness into contemplating new possibilities for the shape of our future. Until this happened, I think ‘the man’ was pretty comfortable with the power structure... but shit happens.

ijavee (58)  ·  4 minutes ago
I'm not sure that Bitcoin will become the alternative finacial system.It seems there are too many issues grumbling away in the background -
Transaction charges too high - Processing too slow - Limited scope to scale to handle increasing demand. It's one of the drawbacks of being first.
Those coming after benefit from seeing the problems with the original.
The important invention in my view is the Blockchain.It provides ways and means to be independent of the financial institutions.
Bigger and better Cryptocurrencies will evolve.

  ·  2 days ago
Ripple and Stellar Lumens will probably play a large role in the inter-bank payment system. In the end, that is fine with overall costs of (international and national) payments decreasing.
For those that want to pay outside of the banking system, numerous crypto networks already exist (Bitcoin, Ethereum, dark coins like Sumokoin, DeepOnion and Monero) and will continue to exist. I also expect exchanges and/or crypto credit card providers to merge into or move towards becoming payment hubs, providing for Lightning Network type of payments between their users and - in the end - globally between those payment hubs.
Crypto is slowly merging into the existing world and the existing world is slowly (but slower than crypto) merging into the crypto world.

ijavee (58)  ·  2 days ago
Thank you. It is good to hear that competition is already causing banking charges to decrease. Your description of the slowly melding of the Crypto and orthodox financial worlds already going on, is interesting. I did not expect it to be bloodless !

  ·  yesterday
Well said. Some days ago my sister transferred money into my account and when I checked my balance, it had already gone below 0 before the transfer which meant I was already owing the bank. For what? ATM card maintenance fees, SMS alert fees, OTP fees and a bunch of other stuff I don't know plus VAT for each fee charged.
It's just sad and ridiculous. I think Bitcoin will be around for a very long time

ijavee (58)  ·  yesterday
Hear Hear. Thank you. Banks have never faced real competition ever before. There are signs that they are waking up to the fact that Bitcoin is here to stay and poses a big challenge to their monopoly.I think it is inevitable that they will lose most if not all of foreign exchange transactions,for the reasons in my post.This will force them to concentrate hard on their domestic market, and offer service with a capital S to customers for the first time,and about time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A letter from a young girl to her parents

  The parents saw their 19 year old daughter off to university. They received a letter saying how well she was settling in, then nothing. ...