Saturday 25 April 2020

Want To Start a Business ?

A few days ago someone asked on Facebook 'Does any one remember a café in the street behind Tesco's (Now McDonald's)in Hereford in the 1970s?

It was soon identified as our family business - The Marches Health Food Shop & Restaurant -24-30 Union Street.Hereford. - 1972 - 2004.

And prompted hundreds of glowing comments and fond memories. Typical comment displayed here with all available on file.


Our family Natural Health & Nutrition Business, wasn't originally intended - 

Like many ambitious people I had a few failures in business start up attempts - A garage stocked with Holiday Magic Cosmetics. Turned out it was a Pyramid Scheme.

Experiments then, freezing food snacks. Saw this as a cert winner, and registered the name Frozsnacks.

Couldn't find a suitable factory premises within my very limited budget, and as a last possibility, walked down Union Street Hereford to look at some units in the Bastion Mews.

On my way I saw a 'For Sale' sign over an empty shop. And thought it would make a good health food shop for a couple who had an impressive health food shop in Worcester, and said if I saw a suitable premises in Hereford to let them know.

When I told them, they decided they didn't now want to expand into Hereford.

I didn't see myself as a shopkeeper, but fate seemed to keep nudging me that way.

 First, I was surprised by the low price for the shop, and then when my savings and bank loan was still £1000 short, the seller (Harding's Ironmongers) loaned me the shortfall for 12 months.

If ever something was meant to be ! - Obviously, It was, and now it's history.

Telling you the above is prompted by the thought that the virus crisis will cause many to think of starting a business from home.

A younger member or two of my family are thinking of entering the health and nutrition business by updating the very popular vegetarian recipes that were created by my late wife Sylvia.

I think CBD Hemp Seeds should be the modern ingredient option as well (they are classed as nuts - Click here to see my article on Hemp Seeds CBD

My thinking is influenced by the Wall Street money men, who think CBD from the Seeds of the Hemp Plant will justify the natural health benefits it contains as shown in these graphics -



Towards that end I am helping them by test marketing CBD Hemp Coffee.

I drink it regularly now. Read my review here 

Anyway, the lesson from the Marches Health Food Shop history above is - Expect to succeed, but be prepared for failure.

Look at it this way. A 100 metre runner wanting to get under 9 seconds, does not look at 9.2 seconds as a failure -

But as "not quite there yet". So keep trying! And Thumbs Up!



   Visit my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A letter from a young girl to her parents

  The parents saw their 19 year old daughter off to university. They received a letter saying how well she was settling in, then nothing. ...