Wednesday 6 November 2019

93 Today!

93 today.

I admit to mixed feelings about it. 

Good in the sense of looking back and being grateful for the many good things I’m lucky to have been blessed with.

Where I was born for instance.

That your birthplace is a lottery, is brought to prominence every day for me, by news of the wretched living conditions that people in various parts of the world must endure, through events they have no control over or can influence.

From the war zones of Syria, to the countries experiencing droughts and floods, causing homelessness, misery and despair to thousands of innocent people.

Their distress will be heightened further in these days of worldwide news,by the better living contrasts they see elsewhere, and must cause them thoughts and feelings of  ‘Why Us’?

It really is an unfair world, so I count my blessings.

Today, there will be family visits, and a drink or three. Here’s today’s funny birthday card from my great grandchildren. They call me Grog Grog because that is how they pronounced grandad  


Here’s what else happened in 1926!

Queen Elizabeth the Second was Born.

Thought I'd name drop that one!

The time I realised, that of my ‘wine women and song’ days, one of them was over!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A letter from a young girl to her parents

  The parents saw their 19 year old daughter off to university. They received a letter saying how well she was settling in, then nothing. ...