Sunday 19 November 2017

Coloring Book Therapy Solves Problem

I was in a coffee shop with my granddaughter and my 5-year-old great grandson Ben. I’m not very good playing’ I Spy with my little Eye ‘and Ben always wins.

So to deflate his confidence and deter him from challenging me, I made and wore a badge on my chest which said –  National Champion - ‘I Spy With My Little Eye’ 2017.

Ben looked at it, laughed, took the badge and put it on his chest, then beat me again, and again.

So I was pleased when he discovered that the cafe provided coloring picture sheets and crayons.

He was happy to quietly entertain himself, creating his masterpiece and exercising and developing his imagination in the process. What value.

It occupies children's independent quiet attention,exercises judgement and decision making,and is hugely enjoyable.

 I could go on, the pleasure and benefits of simple strokes with crayons to color a picture are so many for a child. Occupational Therapy In The Round.

And
more and more Adults are benefiting too

See here -

Video here -




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

A letter from a young girl to her parents

  The parents saw their 19 year old daughter off to university. They received a letter saying how well she was settling in, then nothing. ...